Electronic Text Request Directions
IMPORTANT! Please read all of the following instructions carefully. Incomplete requests or requests with incorrect information may be discarded without warning.
To request electronic versions of your textbooks, please carefully read the copyright statement and fill out the form below. This form must be completed in its entirety in order for your request to be processed. You MUST use your ECU e-mail address. Requests without an ECU assigned e-mail address will not be processed and may be discarded without warning. Also, please provide a copy of your proof of purchase (receipt) to Brian Stanford at email@example.com. Once your request is received you will get an email reply with further instructions. If you are having difficulty and need assistance with the form for any reason, please e-mail Brian Stanford at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need immediate assistance and there is no reply, you may also call the Department for Disability Support Services at (252) 737-1016.
Requests are processed based on the textbook listing PDF located on your OneStop Tools page. Please note that this list may change after your initial request. If you require a new textbook that wasn’t listed at the time of your first request, please return to this form and remember to check the “Add an additional textbook to original request” checkbox. If you have not yet requested books for the selected academic period, then this will be considered a new request. If you need to request textbooks for multiple academic periods, you must submit this form for each period required.
Add any additional comments or important information in the box labeled “Additional Notes”.
By requesting electronic alternatives for printed material you are attesting that the requirements below have been satisfied for this request:
- You have purchased or rented the instruction material being requested.
- You agree that you will keep the electronic files only as long as you own the printed copies and will delete or destroy any electronic copies that you may have if and when you no longer own the printed text.
- If your instruction material has been rented, you agree to delete or destroy any electronic copies that you may have when you no longer possess the printed text.
- You have a verified disability that prevents you from using standard instructional materials in print format.
- The requested instructional material is required for a course for which you are registered or enrolled.
- You agree to use the electronic copy of the printed instructional material solely for your own educational purposes.
- You will not copy or distribute electronic versions of the instructional materials for use by others in violation of the Copyright Revisions Act of 1976, as amended (17 U.S.C. Sec. 101 et seq.).